• Thomas E. Bryant, to Wylliesburg Church, Wylliesburg, as pastor.
• Jim Steele, to Trinity Church, Martinsville, as interim pastor.
• David Simpson, to Fine Creek Church, Powhatan, as interim pastor.
• Erin Spengeman, to Westover Church, Richmond, as associate pastor.
• Robert “Bob” Fleming, to New Highland Church, Mechanicsville, as pastor of visitation and senior adults.
• Arielle Moen, resigning as minister of students at Round Oak Church, Corbin.
• Sidney E. Rodriguez will retire as pastor of Liberty Church, Skipwith, effective Dec. 31.
• John L. Bryant will retire as minister of education at Mechanicsville Church, Mechanicsville, on Dec. 31, after having served there for 22 years.
• James Dunn will retire as pastor of Fairystone Church, Stuart, effective Jan. 15.
• Former Virginia Baptist minister Ervin E. Hastey died Nov 28 at the age of 89. He and his wife, Ethel, served as missionaries to Mexico for 20 years and to Panama for 3 years. In 1977 he joined the staff of the Virginia Baptist Mission Board directing its worldwide program of evangelism and church growth. He led workshops and conducted preaching missions in 20 countries. Upon retirement from the VBMB, he served as associate pastor for outreach at Monument Heights Church, Richmond. He then returned to Mexico for a 2-year term in the Southern Baptist Mission Service Corps. Returning to the states, he became coordinator in the volunteer missions program for the VBMB. He is survived by his wife, Ethel Ruth Tyson Hastey; five of their six children; four daughters-in-law; 12 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren. A funeral service was held at Primera Iglesia Bautista Mexicana in El Paso, Texas.
• Robert Edward “Bob” Watts, pastor of Hitesburg Church, Virgilina, died on Nov. 6 at the age of 69. He is survived by his wife, Sandra Guthrie Watts; four brothers, Bill, Kenny, David and Tommy Watts; and one sister, Mary Ann Smith. Funeral services were held Nov. 9 at Grace Baptist Church with interment in the Hitesburg Baptist Church cemetery.