Endowed Student Interns
You can also download our Intern Guidelines and Expectations.
Baptist News Global offers semester and summer internships with the flexibility of matching responsibilities and learning opportunities with students' interests, skills and experience.
Our goal is to provide a challenging and rewarding experience that will help an intern prepare for a professional career through practical, hands-on experience. Our expectation is that each intern functions as a productive member of Baptist News Global's team. The student should demonstrate initiative, discipline, creativity, the capacity to perform at a high level with limited on-site supervision, an eagerness to learn, and a commitment to Baptist News Global's mission and vision. Baptist News Global staff will collaborate with the intern to establish reasonable expectations, instructive feedback and evaluation and appropriate customization to maximize the experience.
Preference is given to graduate students or juniors and seniors with outstanding abilities, superior academic performance and previous workplace experience or internship placement.
Stipend: A $500 stipend is provided for a one-semester internship based on an average of 8 to 10 hours a week. The stipend may be enhanced based on previous experience and the availability to invest more than 10 hours weekly. Stipends for summer internships are negotiable based on the candidate's skills and experience and the availability of funds.
• Write, proof and edit news and feature articles
• Write headlines, teasers and other copy and assist with production of Baptist News Global's e-newsletter
• Conduct research and preliminary interviews for news and feature articles
• Participate in content planning and development
• Develop and edit website content
• Write for and post content for social media and interactive communication platforms including Facebook and Twitter
• Assist with compilation of aggregated third-party news, features and opinion
• Assist with moderating comments and features
• Assist with uploading photos, videos and other media
Marketing and development concentration:
• Produce direct marketing strategies for:
• Push email services
• RSS newsfeeds
• Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms
• Direct mail
• Produce multimedia fundraising materials
• Produce marketing and promotion for development events
• Assist in planning and providing logistical support for development events
• Develop advertising strategies for:
• Generating traffic and promoting content on website
• Display ads for website and e-newsletter
• Online donations
• Produce website enhancements and develop and edit content for website
• Assist with planning to add and improve revenue streams
• Plan and support marketing and development projects
• Conduct development related research
Applications: Send inquiry, resume with academic and any professional references and portfolio or other samples of your work to:
David Wilkinson, Executive Director and Publisher
3116 Maple Ave., Waco, TX 76707
Daniel Wallace — Baylor University (undergraduate), Waco, TX — Spring 2013
Andrew Gardner — The College of William & Mary (undergraduate), Williamsburg, VA — Spring 2012, Summer 2012
Alice Horner — Washington College (graduate), Chestertown, MD — Spring 2012
Megain Bain — Baylor University (undergraduate), Waco, TX — Spring 2011